Rick Ellis from Striker Bows and New Breed Archery’s Kyle Null have come together to present the new RK1 Takedown Bow. It’s concept started long before napkin sketches and engineering mockups. The passion for traditional bows began in the woods for both Rick and Kyle, where a love for traditional simplicity and challenge still lives. Striker Bows and New Breed Archery have teamed up to offer the best of both worlds with a modern traditional bow design integrated with today’s features. The RK1 Takedown bow features a perfect blend of Striker’s limb design and forward handle riser shape along with New Breed’s engineering flair and precision machined grip.
The RK1 Takedown Bow features a fully machined aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum riser in a torqueless style grip typically available on modern compound bows. This feature allows for an easier transition for the compound archer to move into traditional archery equipment, and now allows the traditional archer to experience the nail driving accuracy of a torque free grip. The 16″ riser height allows for enough sight window to shoot instinctively or attach a sight. The height is also short enough to give plenty of working limb at a 60” bow length resulting in a smoother shooting bow. Also featured is the flexibility to shoot directly off the shelf or with an elevated rest. This allows for transition between the woods to the 3D course without changing entire bow setups.
- Available in 60” Longbow Limbs or 60″ Longbow Limbs
- Brace Height: 7-1/2”-8”
- 30-60 lb draw weights at 28” in 5# increments
- Standard riser available in Black or Desolve Bare Camo
- Standard limbs available in Black Hydrographic Carbon Fiber
- Interchangeable 2-pin and bolt limb system
- Riser is drilled and tapped for a standard amo quiver or sight mount.
- Stainless steel stabilizer insert
- Side plate attachment for shooting off the shelf
- 18 strand Fast Flight string
- 2 pound mass bow weight
- Custom Hydrographic and color options available on riser and/or limbs at an up charge